Local SEO Case Study: H2O Care
Water testing and treatment company seeks boost to organic local traffic
Who We Helped
H2O Care, a water testing and treatment company based out of Boston, Massachusetts, servicing several area codes around New England. H2O Care handled much of their own content, including their blog posts, but they were looking for help improving their site layout and attracting more local traffic. With a large service area, we were trying to get local rankings in several regional locations.
How We Did It
H2O Care’s site already had a Solutions page that outlined the different services and products they offer. While helpful, the page’s UI/UX left something to be desired, and the content was rather thin.
We also saw opportunities to add internal links to specific product pages for more information—with the main page acting as a less-detailed summary page. And in lieu of blog posts, we also created an Installations Gallery page to show off their different solutions.
More specifically, we made these significant improvements:
- We added more photos to the solutions page and used focus keywords in strategic places
- Using heat tracking software to review users’ interaction across the site, we improved layout and formatting, including adding a list of anchor tags leading to relevant sections, and adding call-to-action (CTA) buttons across the site.
- Added tiered subheadings with keywords
- Made existing CTA buttons more prominent with contrasting colors and animations
- Created a gallery page with before/after photos. The photos are broken up into like sections, and again we added focus keywords in strategic places.
Knowing the above efforts would take 2–3 months to get crawled and analyzed by Google, we let it run and kept our eyes on the data.
With all these changes, we expected to see some solid results rather quickly. But that wasn’t necessarily the case. While the new and revamped pages performed well and attracted hundreds to thousands of visitors, the traffic rose only slightly.
Now over a year later, and things are still holding steady. The Solutions page is the #3 most-visited page on their site, while the Installations Gallery is #7. Check out these stats!
- Solutions page #3 most visited
- 1.4k impressions YTD, behind home page and contact page
- Up 14% from ‘22
- 00:01:29 time on page
- 30% exit rate
- Installations Gallery #7
- 686 impressions YTD
- 2.6k impressions since page was created December 2021
- 00:02:29 time on page
- 48% exit rate
- 24 Google Local rankings YTD
- Up 50% from ‘22
- 6 keywords in top 3—with 4 more in top 10
This shockingly consistent traffic graph shows all traffic across the site from 1/1/23–5/31/23.
Both the Solutions and Installation Gallery pages garner a good amount of page impressions.
We’ve locked down 24 total Google Local keyword rankings—with 6 keywords in the top-3 SERP spots, and 4 more in the top 10.